Potato Production Manager
Full Time, Starting beginning of March 2019
Highly Competitive, Commensurate with Experience
This position is responsible for managing the operations of Sunrise Potato Farm, and making it a flagship farm. This would require, but is not limited to, planning and executing the annual and long-term farm operating plan, hiring/managing team members, conducting operations consistent an annual budget, providing leadership to farm team members, and maintaining/developing great relationships with customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform/coordinate all duties required for efficient and high-quality potato production – crop planting, fertilizing, irrigation, spray operations, crop harvest, storage & shipping
- Develop, implement and continually optimize agronomy, crop maintenance, for improved yield and quality
- Maintain buildings and equipment ensuring they are in good working condition
- Facilitate the administration of payroll and preparation of time cards
- Assist in the preparation of an annual farm budget/plan and ensure operations are consistent with its assumptions
- Communicate effectively with management, agronomy, and purchasing department
- Complete and compile required records on crops and land base
- Ensure compliance with all provincial and federal labor laws, agricultural audits, seed certification, food safety regulations, and workers safety
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources
- Attend required company meetings and training and participate in constructive discussion
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Effectively develop positive relationships in the community
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
- Previous farm potato operations experience including crop planting, farm equipment management, maintenance scheduling, and potato agronomy
- Experienced field equipment operator
- Familiarity with On Farm Food Safety, Potato Seed Certification & Organic certification
- Previous management experience
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent observation, analysis and organization abilities
- Valid driver’s license
- Self-starter that is resourceful and innovative; requires minimum supervision, positive attitude
- Effective time management skills; organized, adaptable; has integrity.
- Proven leadership abilities; establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and Microsoft office programs.
· Contact Joel VanderSchaaf, General Manager at email@example.com
· DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : January 30, 2019